The 2016 Student Film Festival/Contest Results
Congratulations to all the students who qualified for the finals!
- First Place: Team Leader: Graham Burrell, School: Parkland High School; Film Title: Bubbles the Clown
- Second Place: Team Leader: Harley Bender; Team: Austin Boyko, Anthony Christiano, Hannah Flaven, Katherine Hartzell, Lane Markovics, Sally Wallace, School: Northampton Area High School; Film Title: It started on any given day
- First Place: Tessa Fritz; Team: Josh Fritz, Sydnie Howard, School: Lower Macungie Middle School; Film Title: Forgotten
- Second Place: Maeve Yanes; Team: Brian Merk, Danny Merk, Jackson Merk, Ryan Merlo, Ciara Esteves; School: Lower Macungie Middle School; Film Title: Watch your step
Best Of Awards:
- Best Editing, film direction and acting: Team Leader: Jackson Bernhard Team: Daniel VanParys, Gavin Boone, Harrison Bernhard, Jason Woolley,Isaac Bredbenner School: Northwestern Lehigh High School; Film Title: Heaven's Gate
- Creativity and Originality: Kate Manning, Kerry Harper School: Henry Hudson Regional School; Film Title: Coexhisting
- Best Story Telling: Mary Dalton, Lynsey Reynard, Maggie Gareca School: Parkland High School; Film Title: Homecoming/What Are Friends for!
- Best improvisation of a product: Maya Schlesinger - Team: Johanna Dam Matt Ninesling; School: Emmaus High School; Film Title: Raman Noodles/Noodle Experiment
- The Rick Baker Award for best creature creation: Kenzie Cichocki - Team: Kayla Cichocki; School: Lower Macungie Middle School; Film Title: Carnivores plants/Man eating Monster Plant
FINAL SCORES HIGH SCHOOL | FINAL SCORES MIDDLE SCHOOL
Rules and Regulations | Registration Sheet | Required Lines/Rules and Upload Information!
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS!
- Students report to the kickoff meeting on DTBD at Emmaus High School cafeteria, 800 Pine St, Emmaus, PA 18049, please use the side entrance (THIS IS NOT MANDATORY) (If you cannot attend the kickoff you must notify us by email that you want to participate in the film festival. Please include your name and school.)
- The cost to participate is $10 per team( non-refundable). (A team may consist of as many members as you like)
- The October 6th kickoff includes film tips and tricks, and contest rules.
- Genre - Scary/Suspenseful/Funny/Drama. This is open to your interpretation of the theme.
- RULES! At the kickoff, each team selects 2 themes of which you pick 1, that your films MUST be developed around. For example you choose “Witches” then your film must be based on witches. Those unable to attend the kickoff, will be given a theme and it will be emailed to the team leader. You then receive a copy of the Outline. If you are unable to attend the kick-off on October 6th ,these rules will be posted that evening on October 6th! We will assign YOU a theme.
- You then have 120 hours to create, shoot and edit a final film. Finla films are due, uploaded to a server by October 11th at 6:00 pm.
- Participation is that simple!
- Can't attend the kickoff meeting? No problem, contact us and we will send you the outline and a theme for you to use in your film. Please make sure you provide us with your name and school!
- Uploading - you will have instruction on how to upload your film however NOTE - you must use Chrome or Firefox, Safari had some issues last year. If you have a dropbox account you may use that and share it with us.
Listed below are some websites that offer royalty free music and SFXs for download. Most of the websites ask for a mention in the credits, so the students should review the terms of the license agreement on the websites they use.
Music and SFX