The 10th Annual SnowBlast Winter Festival will take place throughout Emmaus, Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 10a.m. to 4p.m. February is the perfect time to bundle up and head to Emmaus to have a blast … a SnowBlast! The festival schedule is packed with free, community-wide art related events.
Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 10am to 4pm
LOCATION: Emmaus Triangle, SnowBlast Headquarters (formerely Impulse Boutique), Emmaus Public Library, Downtown stores and restaurants!
FEATURING: Ice Sculpting, SnowBlast Ice Princess, Artist Demonstrations, Community Art Project, SnowBlast Art Show & Sale, Music, Outdoor Activities, Fire Pits, restaurant and store specials and activities! And more!
The winter season is an exhilarating time of year to enjoy a blast of outdoor activity and experience cool shopping, art demonstrations, cozy coffee shops, and dining.
SnowBlast Winter Arts Festival – 10th Anniversary Fire & Ice Celebration!
Saturday, February 6, 2016 from 10:00am to 4:00pm
Locations include Emmaus Triangle Park / SnowBlast Headquarters (formerly Impulse Boutique) and stores, businesses and restaurants in Emmaus!
Please note: Event Schedule as of January 21, 2016 - Details Subject to Change
Saturday, February 6 – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Unless otherwise noted.)
- 10:00am: Opening Remarks, 10th Anniversary SnowBlast Winter Arts Festival, Fire & Ice Celebration!
- 10:00am to 12:00pm: Sculpted IceWorks demonstration - http://www.sculptediceworks.com/
- 12:00pm to 4:00pm: Outdoor Games (and fun!)
- 10:00am to 2:00pm: Music by Wesley Works Entertainment
- 1:00pm to 4:00pm: Sandy Candy (edible sand art), sponsored by Lafayette Ambassador Bank
- 12:30pm to 1:30pm: Appearance by the popular SnowBlast Ice Princess. Other appearances; 2:00 to 2:45 at SnowBlast Headquarters (formerly Impulse Boutique); 3:00pm at Emmaus PublicLibrary
- 1:00pm: Demonstration Team from Lehigh Valley Martial Arts, display of fantastic martial arts set to music and delivered with energy and excitement. They will break boards, spin swords,and slay dragons
- 1:30pm: The Burning Hearts Fire & Light Performance - http://www.theburninghearts.com
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm: Asian Drum Performance!
- All day! Spectator Bleachers, Fire Pit warming stations and more!
SnowBlast Headquarters! (346 Main St., formerly Impulse Boutique)
- 5th Annual EAC Winter Arts Festival Show and Sale featuring a collection of artwork by local talent, (some items may be available for purchase.)
- Special James Musselman art installation sponsored by Lafayette Ambassador Bank - view paintings from a private collection by the beloved local artist.
- EAC Community Art Project, Make a Canvas Valentine! Sponsored by Blick Art Materials (No experience necessary.)
- Artist demonstrations! Watch as watercolorist Ed Klova, acrylic artist Nikki Obertubbesing and oil painter Maur LeVan create beautiful works of art
NEW! Art Walk Palette - Visit a minimum of 10 participating businesses listed in the event schedule, each participating venue will initial your "palette". Bring full palette with your name and contact information to the SnowBlast Winter Arts Festival Show & Sale (located at the former Impulse Boutique, 346 Main Street) and be entered in a drawing to win a Martin Guitar Backpacker, tickets to Crystal Cabin Fever, original artwork by artist Dan Kline and more! Palette entries must be dropped off by 3:30pm on Saturday. Winners will be notified at a later date. Please note: paper palettes may be found at participating stores and venues listed below.
Look for the EAC palette on the door of participating venues. All activities are FREE and will be held from 10am to 4pm unless otherwise noted. (In alpha order):
- 187 Rue Principale – 187 Main St. New abstract painting exhibition by Elli Albrecht! SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink special – SnowBlast Martini and ½ price Sparkling Wines. http://www.187rueprincipale.com
- 2nd Street Tavern – 194 Main St. Emmaus Photo Gallery containing some rarely seen photographs! SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink and food specials; SnowBlast After Party starts at 4:00pm! http://www.2ndstreettavern.com
- The 412 – 412 Chestnut St. Chocolate refreshment station; Photography and Iconography exhibit featuring images by Erin Miller and Lexa Shallcross. http://www.412emmaus.com
- Amber Connection – 226 Main St. Live portrait painting marathon by Dr Barnaby Ruhe - from 12 to 4pm. http://www.amberconnection.org
- Armetta’s Italian Restaurant & Pub – 301 Main St. SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink specials. http://www.armettaspizzarestpub.com
- Baked Café + Bakery – 228 Main St. Photography gallery, "ok-si-dizd" - Rusted steel photos by JCramer. http://www.bakedinemmaus.com
- Beautiful Home by Quentin Eshleman – 10 N 3rd Street. Oriental brush painting by Patricia Blum; light refreshments served. http://www.beautifulhomeonline.com
- The Breastfeeding Shop - 344 Main St. Artist Elizabeth Gatter collection. http://www.thebreastfeedingshop.com
- Buss Paint & Wallpaper – 327 Main St. Artist demonstrations featuring collage artist Jill Stanley and metal furniture painting by Deb Homa http://www.busspaintandwallpaper.com/
- Caramella Grille & Creamery - 332 Main St. Funtastic Faces and Body Art, 12pm to 3:00pm; SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink specials. http://caramellagrilleandcreamery.com
- Conversational Threads – 6 S. 4th St. Watercolor, oil, fiber artist Diane Hutchinson demonstrating from 11:00am to 2:00pm. http://www.conversationalthreads.com
- The Elephant’s Trunk – 348 Main St. Cloth/mixed media wreath and swag demonstration. Limited quantities may be for sale. http://etrunk.org
- Emmaus Bakery - 415 Chestnut St. Start your SnowBlast day with us - Bear claw and coffee special, $3.00! http://www.emmausbakery.com
- Emmaus Historical Society - 218 Main St. "Winter Wonderland" exhibit featuring vintage winter display, photos of local blizzards and “The Snowflake Man.” Also, watercolorist, Judy Leichssenring, 10am to 2pm; Instrumental Music by the Students of Ariel Scholtz, 12:30 to 4:00pm. Hot chocolate and cookies served. http://www.emmaushistoric-pa.org
- Emmaus Jewel Shop – 338 Main St. Watercolorist, Sue Carnwath; Decorative artist, Kathy Keck painting SnowBlast wine glasses from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. The glasses will then be raffled!
- Emmaus Public Library - 11 E. Main St. Winter story time, 10:00am; Winter craft projects, 11:00am; Winter story time featuring furry Buddy Rabbit with Ellen Wilson, 1:30pm; Appearance by the SnowBlast Ice Princess, 3:00pm to 3:30pm. http://www.emmauspl.org
- Emmaus Run Inn – 322 Main St. Acrylic and oil painter, Lauren Kuhn; Join Erica from
- Emmaus Yoga for a gentle introduction to Ashtanga yoga. This will be a beginner friendly class explaining what makes Ashtanga different from other styles and why its a great addition to your regular workout routine. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a mat if you have one. http://www.http://theruninns.com
- Funk Brewing - 19 S. 6th St. – Photo Gallery featuring the work of Chris Neyen; music by Tavern Tan from 1:00pm to 4:00pm Beer Flights of 4 for $8 and 12 and 16oz pours ranging from $4-$7. - http://www.funkbrewing.com/
- House of Metalworks – 303 Main St. Offering free craft - Stop by and learn how we hand forge each piece of jewelry right in our shop in Emmaus! We will show you our studio and then help you make your own friendship bracelet. Giveaway is limited at 250 pieces so stop by early. All ages welcome. http://www.houseofmetalworks.com
- House Splendid - 345 Chestnut St. Sketchbook artist Marian Stewart; refreshments! http://www.housesplendid.com
- La Belle Cuisine - 447 Chestnut St. Wood artist John M. Casteline from Firebird Box Studio specializing in re-purposing empty wooden cigar boxes both practical and decorative; Stained glass artist Robert Wolfenden creates custom glass panels both as decorative hanging art pieces and windows. Bob creates new stained glass panels as well as repurposing and restoring door and window panels from old homes. 11:00am to 4:00 pm. Shoppers who spend over $50 will receive a $10 gift card toward a purchase on their next visit to La Belle Cuisine. http://cooksite.com
- Let’s Play Books - 379 Main St. Artist Angela Darling Faidley from 10am to 1pm, creating a Star Wars themed piece to be raffled off to a lucky customer! Elsa Sing Along on the Porch at 1:00pm; Snow Time Story Time at 2pm, free for all ages. Stickers shared at the conclusion. http://www.letsplaybooks.com
- Now and Then Books – 56 S. 4th St. Come see our special Winter Photo Gallery! http://www.nowandthenbooks.com
- Planet Games / Retro Oddities - 27 S. 7th St. Window and canvas artist demonstration with Janelle and Dave, 25% off total purchase; refreshments. http://www.planetgamespa.com
- South Mountain Cycle & Café – 337 Chestnut St. Artwork by artists Bob & Carol Postupak; Chinese Calligraphy demonstrations; Musical performance by EPSD Chamber Orchestra, 2:00pm; Special SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink specials featuring Hot Caramel Apple Cider, Cookies & Cream Blast, Bike-Cicle Latte - http://southmountaincycle.co
- Sugar So Sweet – 338 Main St. Cupcake art collection; SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink and cupcake specials!. http://www.sugarsosweet.com
- Swadee Thai House - 302 Main St. SnowBlast Chill chaser food and drink specials! http://www.swadeethaihouse.com/
- Switchback Pizza – 525 W Jubilee St. SnowBlast Pizza special ($2 off your order!) http://www.switchbackpizza.com/
- Tangent Crafts - 304 Main St. Plein Air painter, Steve Russell from 10am to 2pm; Woodworker Ken Burton will be demonstrating woodcarving throughout the day highlighting techniques used by artist Jim Whitman, whose work will be in the carving/ woodworking exhibit at the store; Special music performance by Rhys Williams from 1:00 to 3pm. http://tangentcrafts.com
- The Big Red Barn – 516 North St. Winter craft making with Buttercup the cow, 12:00pm to 2:00pm. http://www.thebigredbarnemmaus.com
- Traub’s Doggies - 251 Main St. Acrylic painter Bob Boehmer; ice cream and hot dog lunch specials! http://www.traubsdoggies.com
- Turn the Page – 244 Main St. Open House with kids activities and hot chocolate! (Venue not shown on the official map but included on the Art Walk Palette!) http://www.turnthepageforkids.com
- Vargtimmen King Koffee - 506 Chestnut St. Matlack Woodworking demonstration, 12:00pm to 4:00pm; SnowBlast After Party! Musical performance by Hannibal Lecture, 4:00pm to 7:00pm, SnowBlast Chill Chaser drink and food specials! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vargtimmen-King-Koffee/188999488323
- Volpe's Sports Bar - 501 Broad St. SnowBlast Chill Chaser food and drink specials! http://volpessportsbar.com
- Wentz Hardware - live window painting by Emmaus High School Art Club!
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Lehigh Valley Honda, Lehigh Valley Martial Arts, Lafayette Ambassador Bank, Lehigh Print & Data, The East Penn Press, La Belle Cuisine, Switchback Pizza, Ai Orthodontics, Emmaus Public Library, Ice Cream World, Wesley Works Entertainment, Rajesh and Nisha Rai, Blick Art Materials, Kahler Construction LLC, Emmaus Main Street Partners/Proud Partner of Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
Special Thanks to Emmaus Borough Council and Emmaus Public Works
MAP & LOCATIONS – in order of location shown on the official SnowBlast map